Friday, September 22, 2023

Football

My husband and I are heading out to visit my older stepdaughter at her college this weekend.  My husband bought tickets for the football game tomorrow evening, and he was so excited to tell me about it.  I was a bit puzzled: sure, both of us love football, but we are hard-core, loyal fans of different teams we grew up loving.  We certainly support my stepdaughter's college aspirations, but even she has not demonstrated much (or any) enthusiasm for their football team.

I asked him why he was so excited about this game.  He told me that I had mentioned how I miss going to my younger stepson's football games, since he graduated high school a few years ago.  My husband smiled and said, "Now we get to go to another football game together."

Every day, I find a million new reasons to adore my husband and fall in love all over again.  That was certainly one of them.  I admit I had originally been thinking how long a day this was going to be, how late we will be leaving after the game, how tired we will be...but after he said that, I let go of all those silly worries and gripes.  

He is happy because he gets to take me to a football game, and that is all I need to know.  Bring on my football jewelry, dig our stadium seat cushions out of the garage, and pile on the team colors!  We have a football game to catch.

3 comments:

  1. aww how sweet that was and love the new look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sports EWWW LOL I will be up in your neck of the woods Friday night. There is a Cross County meet on Saturday morning up there at the college and we will be spending the night. Any recommendations on places to hit? I hope you enjoyed the game! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please share your thoughts, questions, random ideas, whatever you like.